Green Flag, originally known as the National Breakdown Service, has over 40 years of experience in providing Car Breakdown Recovery. Green Flag is the third largest Car Breakdown provider in the UK after the AA and RAC. Green Flag have over 5 million members and complete over one million call outs a year.
Green Flag break down recovery and assistance is best for:
- People who want to insure the car not the individual, good for a pool car or shared family car
- People who don't want to spend the amount needed to join the AA or RAC.
The advantages of joining Green Flag Roadside Rescue:
- Cheapest of the Top 3, prices start from £20
- Award winning service
- Average breakdown response time is under 30 minutes* as compared to AA and RAC at 40 minutes**
- 86% of breakdown repairs are completed at the roadside
- Use local network of mechanics and so have more technicians on call at any time than the AA or RAC
- Only company to offer £10 cash back if your call is not responded to within 30 mins
- Keep customer informed by SMS as to when the patrol will arrive
- iphone Application
- 96% of Green Flag customers would recommend Green Flag to their family and friends
- Should you not call out Green Flag, you may be entitled to a no call out discount.
The disadvantages of Green Flag Breakdown Cover
- Green Flag dont have their own patrols, but rely on local garage provision so service may vary
- Your car is insured not the driver, although you can opt for personal cover at an extra charge.
How to choose the best Green Flag Breakdown Policy for you
Like the other Car Breakdown Cover companies, Green Flag offer five different breakdown packages. These are as follows:
- Green Flag Rescue. Cover includes, Roadside assistance, local vehicle recovery, no call out charge, message service. Prices start at £20.
- Green Flag Rescue Plus. Cover Includes, all features of the Green Flag Rescue package plus home care. Prices start at £48.
- Green Flag Recovery. Cover includes,All the features of the Green Flag Rescue Plus package plus long distance recovery.Prices start at £54.
- Green Flag Recovery Plus. Cover includes all the features of the Green Flag Rescue Plus package plus recovery, options if the vehicle cant be fixed e.g/ hire vehicle or over night accommodation and cash to collect if you need to collect the vehicle at a later date. Prices start from £54.
- Green Flag Euro Plus. Cover includes all the features of the Green Flag Recovery Plus package but also includes European Travel.Prices start from £109.
But like the RAC, Green Flag don't have an answer for the AA Repair package, where parts and labour and any repair are included in your cover.
Green Flag use many different websites to advertise the Green Flag Breakdown Services which include, www.greenflagbreakdown.com, www.greenflagbreakdowncover.com, www.greenflag.co.uk, www.greenflag.com, www.greenflagbreakdown.co.uk and www.greenflagbreakdowncover.co.uk.
*Based on 925,842 nationwide call outs May 09- April 10** Based on Data form the AA and RAC websites May 2010